Speedy Trials & Bail Hearings
Tuesday, September 29th @ 3:45 p.m.
Middlesex County Courthouse, 56 Paterson Street, Courtroom 201, New Brunswick
Online Registration | Download RSVP Form
Jennifer Selletti, Esq.
Hon. Alberto Rivas
Presiding Judge, Criminal
Elie Honig, Esq.
Director, New Jersey
Division of Criminal Justice
Andrew Carey, Esq.
Sheree Pitchford, Esq. & Joseph J. Benedict, Esq.
Co-Chairs, MCBA Criminal Practice Committee
The seminar will focus on:
- Federal vs. State Bail and Speedy Trial Systems
- The Process Leading to New Jersey’s Bail Reform Statute
- Practical issues Faced by Practitioners Under the new Bail and Speedy Trial Process
- New Changes to Bail Procedures
- Addition of Preventative Detention
- Detention Hearings
- Risk Assessments/Creation of Pretrial Services
- Demise of Money Bail
- Move the Case
program has been pre-approved by the Board on Continuing Legal Education of
the Supreme Court of New Jersey for 2.0 hours of total CLE credit. Of these, 2.0 qualify as hours of credit toward certification in criminal law.
Cost: $30-Young Lawyers; $40-MCBA Members; and $75-All Others
To RSVP: Online Registration | Download RSVP Form | Call the Bar Office at 732.828.3433, x. 102