ANNUAL PRACTICE AREA AWARDS
MCBA Seeks Nominations for Annual Awards Dinner
Deadline for Submissions for 2013: December 20, 2012
On March 13, 2013, the Association will hold its seventh annual awards dinner at The Pines Manor in Edison. Awards will be given to bar members in the following areas: Pro Bono; Transactional; Civil Trial Practice; Criminal Trial Practice; Chancery Practice; Municipal Court Practice and Young Lawyers.
The purpose of the Practice Area Awards is to recognize attorneys practicing in Middlesex County and adjacent municipalities who devote a significant portion of their work to their respective specialty areas and exhibit one or more of the following:
- Leadership in the potential candidate’s field of practice;
- Significant, tangible contributions to the Bar, such as participation in educational panels, Bar committees, etc, pertaining to non-litigation issues;
- Significant, tangible contributions to the community and/or charitable endeavors;
- A record promoting participation and involvement in the MCBA and collegiality within the Association; and
- A reputation for personal and professional integrity.
The purpose of the Young Lawyer of the Year Award is to recognize attorneys who meet one or more of the following conditions:
- devote substantial time and energy to community-oriented activities such as pro bono work, government service, charity involvement or other public service;
- dedicate considerable volunteer time to bar activities at the county or state level, including specialty and minority bars; and/or
- have received professional recognition through publications, excellence in a particular area of law, a significant verdict or law-changing appellate decision, or other such professional achievement.
The purpose of the Pro Bono Award is to recognize attorneys who have devoted substantial time and effort doing pro bono work through the Central Jersey Legal Services Corporation.
The Bar Association invites the submission of names of those individuals whom you believe to be appropriate candidates. Please include a brief explanation as to why you believe the individual you name is an appropriate candidate for one of these awards. The candidates should be bar members who are well recognized for character and competence, individuals who are respected by all and looked upon as models of professional behavior. The deadline for submitting nominations is December 20th.
The 2012 recipients were Deborah A. Rose (Pro Bono); Edward J. Rebenack (Civil); Steven D. Altman (Criminal); William G. Brigiani (Municipal Court), Malcolm Busch (Transactional), Dennis A. Estis (Chancery Practice) and Jemi Goulian (Young Lawyer). Please click here for information on the March 14th Awards Dinner.
Please submit names for consideration for 2013 to the attention of MCBA Executive Director Jonathan Cowles at email@example.com by December 20th.