The Honorable Rosemary Karcher Reavey
Many times in life attorneys face concerns on both the personal and professional level. The Hon. Rosemary Karcher Reavey Mentor Program is here to help. In honor of Judge Rosemary Karcher Reavey who served with distinction both in the Bar and on the Bench, selflessly giving of her own time and advice to others, this program embodies the concept that no question or problem is too trivial, unimportant or embarrassing that it cannot be dealt with when lawyers provide assistance and advice to one another. Seemingly small issues can sometimes become substantial if left unaddressed. In the same manner in which Judge Reavey devoted her time to assisting others in their times of need, it is the mission of this program to make sure that her legacy of service to members of the Bar continues.
Our team of mentors is made up of seasoned attorney volunteers representing many practice disciplines and backgrounds who volunteer their time and expertise to assist lawyers in need of professional or personal advice. Drawing from this wealth of experience, our attorneys are prepared to assist practitioners with difficult questions, whether practice related, client related, or simply "life" related. Most of us have had to deal with difficult questions or problems in the past and often looked to those with experience for advice. Our goal is to enhance every attorney’s experience in the profession and assist where professional obligations seem to conflict with one’s personal life.
Here is how we may help on a professional and personal level:
- An attorney volunteer will meet speak with or meet you in person to discuss case related issues such as client management, bench-bar relations, and concerns with adversaries;
- An attorney volunteer will assist you in your evaluation of cases and litigation strategies;*
- An attorney volunteer will provide advice on balancing work and family/social life; and,
- An attorney volunteer will provide advice on how to cope with workaholic habits, anxiety and stress.
For a complete list of mentors and contact information click here - Mentor List.
* The assistance rendered by our attorney volunteers is without charge and is not and should not be construed as legal advice.